A. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Baldwin Hackett & Meeks, Inc. (BHMI) is committed to user privacy in all communications regarding its products and services. This policy covers all information BHMI collects via the BHMI website at www.bhmi.com. It also covers all customer communications as well as personal information a person may provide when they purchase BHMI products and services.
If you give BHMI personal information, it will be treated according to this policy. By visiting or downloading any materials from BHMI’s website or by providing personal information to BHMI via the BHMI website or email addresses, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you do not agree to the terms in this policy, please do not use BHMI’s website, download any materials from BHMI, or provide information to BHMI via e-mail or other means.
B. DEFINITION OF “PERSONAL INFORMATION”
Personal information may include a person’s name, email, title, company name, address, city, state, zip, country, and phone number. It also includes information that may be collected via website forms that a person chooses to submit, such as checking boxes that indicate interests in specific products and services, requesting document downloads, requesting additional information to be sent via email, submitting resumes for student internships or full-time positions, and requesting support from BHMI’s product support team.
Personal Information also includes information and tracking technologies such as cookies, link tracking, and similar technologies, that can be used to identify a specific individual, to analyze trends, administer the website, track user movements around the website, and information about BHMI’s user base.
For certain marketing initiatives, BHMI may collect information about the website pages that a person has browsed, the dates/times of the browsing activity, and the specific hyperlinks that were accessed. This information may be captured when a person reaches the BHMI website directly, when a person searches for BHMI via a web browser, or when a person clicks on a hyperlink inside of an email.
C. REASONS BHMI COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
When someone visits the BHMI website and/or purchases BHMI products or services, BHMI may request information so it can do one or more of the following:
- Send requested product or service information
- Send periodic company and product announcements
- Provide access to resources such as white papers, webinars, and videos
- Fulfill registration, orders, and purchases
- Provide access to BHMI’s 24/7 support center
- Send product bulletins, technical notices, renewal notices, invoices, receipts, etc.
- Issue usernames and passwords for access to secure areas of the BHMI website and/or customer support areas
- Evaluate a person’s qualifications for a student internship or full-time position at BHMI
D. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT BHMI MAY COLLECT
If someone chooses to consent and provide personal information when using the BHMI website and/or when purchasing BHMI products or services, BHMI may collect the following information:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Email list preferences
- Resume (if applying for a student internship or full-time position at BHMI)
- Navigation locations (URLs, and media within URL pages)
E. HOW BHMI COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information may be collected via forms on the BHMI website; via emails, via social media channels, via industry events, or via other legal channels. This information is stored in a secure BHMI CRM database.
F. HOW LONG BHMI RETAINS PERSONAL INFORMATION
BHMI retains personal information for as long as:
- An account is active, or as needed to provide an individual with the products and services that have been purchased
- BHMI deems necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its legal agreements
- For legitimate business purposes, but subject to a person’s right to have their personal information removed from BHMI’s database by unsubscribing to BHMI’s marketing communications
G. TO WHOM BHMI MAY HAVE TO SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under no circumstances will BHMI sell, rent, or give away personal information. However, under certain circumstances, BHMI may have to share personal data with the following parties:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- Relevant governmental or regulatory jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
BHMI requires all third parties to whom it must transfer personal information to respect the security of each person’s data and to treat it in accordance with the law. BHMI only allows such third parties to process personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with BHMI’s instructions.
H. HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN BE REVIEWED, UPDATED, CORRECTED, OR REMOVED
If a person would like to review, update, correct, or remove their personal information, they can contact BHMI at firstname.lastname@example.org at:
Baldwin Hackett & Meeks, Inc.
11602 West Center Road
Omaha, NE 68144 USA
I. HOW TO OPT-OUT OF BHMI MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If someone would like to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from BHMI, they may do one of the following:
- Unsubscribe from all future marketing communications by clicking the unsubscribe link or by replying by email with a request to unsubscribe
- Send an email to email@example.com include name, company, and email address(es) that should be excluded, with a written request to be removed from all marketing communications
If a person unsubscribes from BHMI’s Marketing Communications, BHMI will only email or communicate with them for legitimate business purposes such as billing or other non-marketing business reasons.
J. PRIVACY POLICIES OF LINKED SITES
Linked websites are not controlled by BHMI and, as such, BHMI is not responsible for the products, resources, information, advertising, or other materials of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by BHMI. In addition, please be aware that a person’s use of any linked site is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to that site. Please direct any questions regarding linked sites to the webmaster of that website.
K. PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA PUBLIC COMMUNICATOINS FEATURES
BHMI provides opportunities either via its website or via social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+ for individuals to communicate or share information not just with BHMI but with the general public. It is important to be aware that when a person volunteers information or creates a public profile to participate in Public Communications Features, they are agreeing to allow certain aspects of their personal information to be made public. This includes a person’s username and any personal information or images that a person adds to their signature, or that is included in any upload or posting by them when using such Public Communications Features. BHMI has no obligation to review, censor, or in any manner control the content of these Public Communications Features. Consequently, BHMI has no liability or responsibility for information made available through these Public Communications Features and is not liable for personal information that is submitted via Public Communications Features.
M. HOW TO SUMBIT QUESTION AND COMMENTS TO BHMI
For any questions comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact BHMI via email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Baldwin Hackett & Meeks, Inc.
11602 West Center Road
Omaha, NE 68144 USA
+1-800-610-2464 (United States)