After winning “Best Real-Time Payments Solution” at this year’s PayTech Awards, BHMI Chairman and CEO Jack Baldwin sat down with FinTech Futures to discuss the challenges companies are facing with back office processing and how the Concourse Financial Software Suite can help ensure companies are prepared for faster payments. During this interview, the following questions were discussed:
- What major trends have you seen in the market in 2020, especially during these unprecedented times?
- What are the major issues your clients and prospective clients face when trying to boost the speed of their back office reconciliation and settlement processing?
- Can you tell us a little bit about Concourse and why it is designed for real-time payments?
- The issue of chargebacks and disputes appears to be a growing one for market participants. What are the contributing factors to this, and how can it be mitigated?
- Can you tell us something about Concourse’s disputes capabilities?
- FedNow, the Federal Reserve’s real-time payments platform, is under development with a 2024 launch earmarked. What kind of difference could it make to the US payments market?
- How much room to grow is there for faster payments?